Definition of grease:
- An inflammation of a horse's heels, suspending the ordinary greasy secretion of the part, and producing dryness and scurfiness, followed by cracks, ulceration, and fungous excrescences.
- Animal fat, as tallow or lard, especially when in a soft state; oily or unctuous matter of any kind.
- To affect ( a horse) with grease, the disease.
- To bribe; to corrupt with presents.
- To cheat or cozen; to overreach.
- To smear, anoint, or daub, with grease or fat; to lubricate; as, to grease the wheels of a wagon.
mark, shite, scandal, smut, land, discoloration, smear, filthiness, discolouration, filth, nastiness, malicious gossip, crud, spot, grime, grunge, obscenity, smirch, blot, poop, brand, territory, stigma, turd, vulgarism, shit, dirt, foulness, soil, lubricating oil, dirty word, ground, skank, stain, crap.
- lubricate (part of speech: verb)
- oil (part of speech: noun)
- "Roughing it in the Bush", Susanna Moodie.
- "The Mystery of The Barranca", Herman Whitaker.