Definition of greedily:
- enviously (part of speech: adverb)
- longingly (part of speech: adverb)
- selfishly (part of speech: adverb)
- gluttonously (part of speech: adverb)
A heap of dusty ruins marked the site of the house where he had spent his childhood, and for which his heart had longed; and where his loved ones had watched his departure, beggars were now greedily searching for plunder among the debris.- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Where Strongest Tide Winds Blew", Robert McReynolds.
- "The Thunder Bird", B. M. Bower.