Definition of greedy :
1. Having a keen appetite for food or drink; ravenous; voracious; very hungry; - followed by of; as, a lion that is greedy of his prey.
2. Having a keen desire for anything; vehemently desirous; eager to obtain; avaricious; as, greedy of gain.
juiced, anxious, unappeasable, crazy, hot, gung ho, niggardly, desire, agog, prehensile, keen, stuffed, ungenerous, thirsty, jealous, solicitous, moneygrubbing, stingy, hepped up, self-absorbed, wild, hopped-up, great, parsimonious, raring, ingestion, geeked, someone's eyes are bigger than their stomach, full, edacious, close, avid, nuts, light, piggy, devouring, unquenchable, coveting, stoked, antsy, grabby, athirst, excited, inward-looking, give, penurious, enthusiastic, esurient, impatient, replete, pumped, enthused, cynical
desirous (part of speech: adjective)
avaricious (part of speech: adjective)
hoarding, monopolistic, possessive, cadging, miserly, venal, selfish, close-fisted, avaricious, munificent, usurious, generous, illiberal, acquisitive, grasping, sordid, rapacious, tight, money-grubbing, mercenary
envious (part of speech: adjective)
gluttonous (part of speech: adjective)
hoggish, wolfish, omnivorous, indulgent, ravenous, crapulous, abstemious, insatiable, excessive, ascetic, intemperate, carnivorous, extravagant, boundless, piggish, swinish, voracious, crapulent, overindulgent, immoderate, gluttonous
selfish (part of speech: adjective)
- Don't be too greedy and hold on for a big profit. - "Successful Stock Speculation", John James Butler.
- You know I have always wanted a daughter of my own, but my greedy brothers and sisters would never give me one of theirs. - "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1896 to 1901", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- Unceasing misery was endured by the inhabitants at the hands of the ferocious Spaniards, flushed with victory, mutinous for long arrears of pay, and greedy for the booty which had been denied. - "The Rise of the Dutch Republic, Volume II.(of III) 1566-74", John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: January 25, 2009.