Definition of green:
- A grassy plain or plat; a piece of ground covered with verdant herbage; as, the village green.
- Any substance or pigment of a green color.
- Fresh leaves or branches of trees or other plants; wreaths; - usually in the plural.
- Full of life aud vigor; fresh and vigorous; new; recent; as, a green manhood; a green wound.
- Having a sickly color; wan.
- Having the color of grass when fresh and growing; resembling that color of the solar spectrum which is between the yellow and the blue; verdant; emerald.
- Immature in age or experience; young; raw; not trained; awkward; as, green in years or judgment.
- Not ripe; immature; not fully grown or ripened; as, green fruit, corn, vegetables, etc.
- Not roasted; half raw.
- Not seasoned; not dry; containing its natural juices; as, green wood, timber, etc.
- pl. Leaves and stems of young plants, as spinach, beets, etc., which in their green state are boiled for food.
- The color of growing plants; the color of the solar spectrum intermediate between the yellow and the blue.
- To become or grow green.
- To make green.
thou, one thousand, spurt, unfledged, blue jet, common, cat valium, special K, unripe, dough, growing, currency, raw, peaked, putting green, kelvin, lucre, group, sick, covetous, sere, viridity, kB, jet, fleeceable, jet-propelled plane, brass, chiliad, gelt, commonalty, flourishing, dark-green, grand, spirt, maturing, kilobyte, naive, wan, parking lot, car park, super acid, moola, kibibyte, William Green, green river, gullible, honey oil, greens, leafy, mazuma, unaged, jack, greenish, half-baked, common land, parking area, money, parkland, atomic number 19, pallid, bread, putting surface, chromatic, cabbage, leafy vegetable, yard, unripened, reverse lightning, mature, naif, light-green, jet plane, jealous, potassium, immature, thousand, squirt, cash, long green, commonality, ballpark, super C, third estate, withered, scratch, envious, pale, fountain, commons, lettuce, park, ill, growing, desirous, wampum, greenness, ripe.
- green (part of speech: adjective)
- young (part of speech: adjective)
- greenness (part of speech: noun)