Definition of grill:
- A figure of crossed bars with interstices, such as those sometimes impressed upon postage stamps.
- A gridiron.
- A grillroom.
- That which is broiled on a gridiron, as meat, fish, etc.
- To broil on a grill or gridiron.
- To stamp or mark with a grill.
- To torment, as if by broiling.
- To undergo the process of being grilled, or broiled; to broil.
griddle, radiator grille, baste, canteen, diner, grillroom, coffee maker, probe, lattice, beanery, café, beater, put someone on the spot, bistro, interview, demand, put to, question, coffee machine, eatery, grille, boil down, cabaret, bar, grillwork, barbie, investigate, pick someone's brains, blender, Chinese, colander, grid, brown, carryout, ask, restaurant, burner, wicket, interrogate, brasserie, charbroil, rack, caff, buffet, give someone the third degree, inquire, cross-examine, wirework, cafeteria.
- heat (part of speech: verb)
- oven (part of speech: noun)
- "The Box with the Broken Seals", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
It was not that either of us would have preferred to grill out our days in the plains; we always had a saving clause for the climate, the altitude, the scenery; it was Simla intrinsic, Simla as its other conditions made it, with which we found such liberal fault.- "The Pool in the Desert", Sara Jeanette Duncan.
- "Remodeled Farmhouses", Mary H. Northend.