Definition of groom:
- A boy or young man; a waiter; a servant; especially, a man or boy who has charge of horses, or the stable.
- A man recently married, or about to be married; a bridegroom.
- One of several officers of the English royal household, chiefly in the lord chamberlain's department; as, the groom of the chamber; the groom of the stole.
- To tend or care for, or to curry or clean, as a, horse.
dress up, school, clean up, tidy up, organise, garb, do, line up, take aim, hostler, fix, coiffe, cut back, crop, curry, raiment, stableman, lop, educate, trim, husband, neaten, coif, get dressed, apparel, clothe, tidy, order, tog, cook, discipline, straighten, coiffure, train, organize, spouse, fit out, decorate, civilize, trail, civilise, take, snip, bridegroom, square away, machinate, rail, cultivate, stableboy, servant, dress out, set, garnish, straighten out, enclothe, condition, direct, slick up, check, primp, develop, make, arrange, preen, clip, coach, aim, gear up, ostler, devise, prepare, garment, get up, ready, prune, habilitate, plume, set up, dress.
- "A Daughter of the Land", Gene Stratton-Porter.
- "The Vicar of Wrexhill", Mrs [Frances] Trollope.
- "A Boy's Ride", Gulielma Zollinger.