Definition of group :
1. A cluster, crowd, or throng; an assemblage, either of persons or things, collected without any regular form or arrangement; as, a group of men or of trees; a group of isles.
2. A number of eighth, sixteenth, etc., notes joined at the stems; - sometimes rather indefinitely applied to any ornament made up of a few short notes.
3. A variously limited assemblage of animals or plants, having some resemblance, or common characteristics in form or structure. The term has different uses, and may be made to include certain species of a genus, or a whole genus, or certain genera, or even several orders.
4. An assemblage of objects in a certain order or relation, or having some resemblance or common characteristic; as, groups of strata.
5. To form a group of; to arrange or combine in a group or in groups, often with reference to mutual relation and the best effect; to form an assemblage of.
root word, family, genus, minimum, free radical, get-together, classification, boodle, characterize, huddle, sprinkling, grouping, batch, parcel, brass band, in association with, gathering, in company with, mathematical group, battery, bundle, root, convention, chemical group, type A, scattering, clutch, minority, support group, taxonomy, radical, anchor, species, cross section, dance band, in unison, cluster, combo, A, tier, kindred, blue chip, variety, consort, combined, base, one or two, passel, flash mobbing, united, conference, clump, association, theme, knot, lot, stem, convocation, the biz, multitude, concourse, acquisition, agent, conclave, chamber orchestra, throng, constellation, category, affiliate, bilateral, girl band, rubric, handful, muster, joint, few, multilateral, congress, flash mob, package, together, boy band, congregation, big business, bracket, clot, suite, police, meeting, gamelan, bank, commission, panel, communal, crop, scarcity, ensemble, pigeonholing, organization, age group, agency, racial, hairsbreadth, crush, aggroup, common, kind, account, block, tribal, busload
collect (part of speech: verb)
categorize (part of speech: verb)
collection (part of speech: noun)
crew (part of speech: noun)
covey, collection, aggregation, assemblage, caucus, battalion, troop, squad, party, company, coalition, bevy, school, assembly, string, nest, tribe, mob, faction, team, posse, detachment, detail, hive, crowd, fleet, staff, sect, drove, club, cadre, litter, body, herd, regiment, junta, cabal, division, gang, flock, troupe, clique, outfit, army, platoon, cell, phalanx, retinue, colony, coterie, host, force, ring, fraternity, union, circle, league, clan, wing, society, pack, complement, crew, brigade, fellowship
order (part of speech: verb)
establish, collate, rank, regulate, unify, devise, categorize, grade, balance, plan, prepare, screen, array, adjust, normalize, methodize, frame, support, subordinate, marshal, schematize, order, orchestrate, cast, structure, pigeonhole, mediate, sort, plot, arrange, compose, systematize, right, program, separate, shape, settle, set, place, schedule, classify, rate, scheme, harmonize, design, stratify, fix, maintain, chart, class, sift, form, score, organize, unsnarl, type, control, integrate, stabilize, rationalize