Definition of growth:
- That which has grown or is growing; anything produced; product; consequence; effect; result.
- The process of growing; the gradual increase of an animal or a vegetable body; the development from a seed, germ, or root, to full size or maturity; increase in size, number, frequency, strength, etc.; augmentation; advancement; production; prevalence or influence; as, the growth of trade; the growth of power; the growth of intemperance. Idle weeds are fast in growth.
maturation, capitalist, adaptation, step-up, nodal, neoplasm, boost, buildup, evolvement, ontogenesis, suppuration, aerobic respiration, proceeds, parasite, increment, ganglion, branch, product, surge, ontogeny, spurt, digestion, immature, absorption, tumor, anther, aerial root, fully-fledged, harvest-festival, festering, crop, offset, elaboration, upswing, ingathering, result, lump, harvest-time, overgrowth, addition, exploitation, aggrandizement, full-grown, progression, majority, augment, process, developing, produce, autolysis, return, development, outgrowth, nodule, mole, bulb, credit crunch, excrescence, bract, progress, overgrown, buoyancy, fullness, excrescency, grown, anaerobic respiration, fungus, escalation, infantile, appendage, harvest, bur, completion, commensalism, leap, vegetative, evolution, carbuncle, harvest-feast, swell, boom and bust, cyst, upturn, mass, ripening, harvest-tide, emersion, full-blown, offshoot, unfolding, gain, proliferation, greenery, developed, increase, boom, chemical digestion, maturement, explosion, depression, node, maturity, hike, rise, harvesting, harvest-home, upsurge, deflation, blade, issue, austerity, growing, agronomics, jump, button, raise, emergence, bulge, cancer, boll, consumer confidence, aneurysm, ground cover, yield, full-fledged, fruit, bud, beanstalk, biorhythm, egression, botanical, egress, fully-grown, change, hump, vegetation, maturing, egestion, reaping.
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- successful (part of speech: adjective)
- increase (part of speech: noun)
- "His Sombre Rivals", E. P. Roe.
- "Quiet Talks on Power", S.D. Gordon.
- "The Making of a Country Parish", Harlow S. (Harlow Spencer) Mills.