Definition of guerrilla :
1. An irregular mode of carrying on war, by the constant attacks of independent bands, adopted in the north of Spain during the Peninsular war.
2. One who carries on, or assists in carrying on, irregular warfare; especially, a member of an independent band engaged in predatory excursions in war time.
3. Pertaining to, or engaged in, warfare carried on irregularly and by independent bands; as, a guerrilla party; guerrilla warfare.
independent, insurgent, insurrectionist, freedom fighter, irregular, agitator, second, demonstrator, rebel, fighting, counterrevolutionary, underground, campaigner, anarchist, dissident, partisan, revolutionary, conscientious objector, rebellious, anarchic, activist, radical, belt bomber, mutinous, partizan, militant, predatory, guerilla, seditious, civil
- The guerrilla who called the clergyman was impatient. - "Analyzing Character", Katherine M. H. Blackford and Arthur Newcomb.
- If you succeed, I am certain that this guerrilla station will be broken up; if you fail, it will only be what many a good officer has done before you. - "Frank on the Lower Mississippi", Harry Castlemon.
- So intent were they upon the capture of the guerrilla chief, that they thought of nothing else, and they were perfectly well aware that the only way to get out of the house was to fight their way through their enemies. - "Frank on the Lower Mississippi", Harry Castlemon.