Definition of gull :
1. A cheating or cheat; trick; fraud.
2. One easily cheated; a dupe.
3. One of many species of long- winged sea birds of the genus Larus and allied genera.
4. To deceive; to cheat; to mislead; to trick; to defraud.
lollipop, saphead, muggins, ride, print, put on, wise, see, don, bait, countenance, scar, ingest, bell ringer, bring in, realise, take up, kisser, stain, realize, clear, receive, sucker, soft touch, make, marker, target, imbibe, mugful, horse around, chump, have, soak up, scrape, gather in, razz, consume, absorb, cod, taunt, mount, watch, dissipate, sop up, pull in, schlemiel, wear, bull's eye, tease, physiognomy, catch, visage, collect, all-day sucker, mug, shoot, cross, fool, draw, put one across, turn in, put one over, smiler, monkey, fritter away, lamb, twit, sap, butt, assimilate, grade, rally, take, tomfool, motley fool, gudgeon, patsy, overhear, tantalize, shlemiel, sign, fall guy, brand, befool, scratch, frivol away, earn, suck in, crisscross, view, get into, marking, seagull, dupe, pushover, mark, puppet, apply, suck up, gain, invite, home run, phiz, dope, assume, tantalise, fritter, arse around, victim, rag, jester, fool around, take-in, fool away, stigma, score, suck, adopt, slang
bird (part of speech: noun)
goose, road runner, snipe, crested jay, stork, peregrine, yellowbird, penguin, bluebill, crane, barn owl, condor, turkey, loon, sandpiper, blackbird, peacock, egret, swallow, crow, jackdaw, duck, bird, mockingbird, horned owl, oriole, tern, parrot, grouse, swift, robin, parakeet, vulture, lovebird, ibis, partridge, wren, thrush, bittern, pheasant, myna, hawk, dove, hummingbird, lark, canary, sea gull, woodpecker, harrier, pelican, mourning dove, ostrich, tit, cormorant, eagle, cuckoo, weaver, owl, grosbeak, cockatoo, jay, cardinal, dodo, chickadee, goldfinch, sheldrake, osprey, plover, coot, teal, raven, falcon, heron, grackle, nuthatch, redwing, booby, waxwing, squab, rook, Canada goose, blue jay, nightingale, starling, bluebird, ringtail, macaw, swan, puffin, curlew, bald eagle, magpie, emu, cassowary, quetzal, turtledove, flamingo, mallard, pigeon, sparrow, finch, kingfisher, buzzard, bullfinch, spoonbill, songbird, albatross, redbird
- Mr. Brett, it well may be, has no desire to gull the public into a belief in his weak sentiment and crude religion: he wishes to deride those qualities in others. - "Helena Brett's Career", Desmond Coke.
- The thought lent impassioned fervour to the quest for goose or gull. - "The Magnetic North", Elizabeth Robins (C. E. Raimond).
- The extra hand for the Sea Gull did just the same as the chauffeur. - "The Stolen Singer", Martha Idell Fletcher Bellinger.