Definition of gunner :
1. A warrant officer in the navy having charge of the ordnance on a vessel.
2. One who works a gun, whether on land or sea; a cannoneer.
3. The great northern diver or loon. See Loon.
4. The sea bream.
bazooka carrier, Archie, rocket man, mortar specialist, mortar man, cannoneer, body snatcher, artilleryman, BAR man, bazooka launcher, sharpshooter, missile man, missile launcher, machine gunner, sniper, rifleman, rocketeer, aerial gunner
- They were trying to locate the whereabouts of this unseen enemy, but they fell back out of sight before they could place it, and a third and a fourth gunner likewise. - "With Haig on the Somme", D. H. Parry.
- The gunner had been suspected of stealing the powder, and on that day he is said to have been intoxicated, and was probably less careful than usual. - "Narratives of Shipwrecks of the Royal Navy; between 1793 and 1849", William O. S. Gilly.
- The Gunner shakes his head. - "The First Hundred Thousand", Ian Hay.