Definition of gust:
- A sudden squall; a violent blast of wind; a sudden and brief rushing or driving of the wind. Snow, and hail, stormy gust and flaw.
- A sudden violent burst of passion.
- Gratification of any kind, particularly that which is exquisitely relished; enjoyment.
- Intellectual taste; fancy.
- The sense or pleasure of tasting; relish; gusto.
- To taste; to have a relish for.
flak, snow, coke, fit, fire, reverse, bang, blast, clap, outburst, attack, reversal, black eye, bump, flare-up, access, good time, outbreak, shock, breath, nose candy, zephyr, setback, bam, flack, eruption, blowup, burst, blow, study at wind, explosion.
- "The Air Trust", George Allan England.
- "This Freedom", A. S. M. Hutchinson.
- "The Circular Staircase", Mary Roberts Rinehart.