Definition of guy :
1. A grotesque effigy, like that of Fawkes, dressed up in England on the fifth of November, the day of the Gunpowder Plot.
2. A person of queer looks or dress.
3. A rope, chain, or rod attached to anything to steady it; as: a rope to steady or guide an object which is being hoisted or lowered; a rope which holds in place the end of a boom, spar, or yard in a ship; a chain or wire rope connecting a suspension bridge with the land on either side to prevent lateral swaying; a rod or rope attached to the top of a structure, as of a derrick, and extending obliquely to the ground, where it is fastened.
4. To fool; to baffle; to make ( a person) an object of ridicule.
5. To steady or guide with a guy.
kat, cuckoo, goofball, goof, cable, person, poke fun, fathead, roast, khat, shout, ridicule, truss, lanyard, jest at, guy wire, twat, computerized tomography, painter, guy cable, qat, guy rope, computed axial tomography, laugh at, lad, true cat, goose, cat-o'-nine-tails, clapperclaw, zany, computerized axial tomography, abuse, sling, computed tomography, tackle, rib, make fun, cat, quat, bozo, thong, jackass, line, big cat, blackguard
cord (part of speech: noun)
man (part of speech: noun)
fastener (part of speech: noun)
hasp, connector, brace, knitting, stay, anchor, bracket, nail, fuse, hinge, spike, vinculum, lace, hitch, snap, tie, link, belt, paste, go-between, hook, cinch, medium, cotter, stitch, fastener, middleman, grapnel, cleat, fastening, rivet, staple, thread, suture, clasp, closure, string, band, agent, chain, buckle, weld, seal, pin, catch, braid, lock, clamp, twine, hawser, rabbet, binding, ligament, clinch, mediator, brad, cincture, coupling, latch, bonding, splice, zipper, clip, binder, bolt, skewer, tack, strap, knot, mucilage, bond, vise, button, glue, cement