Definition of halo:
- A circle of light; especially, the bright ring represented in painting as surrounding the heads of saints and other holy persons; a glory; a nimbus.
- A colored circle around a nipple; an areola.
- A luminous circle, usually prismatically colored, round the sun or moon, and supposed to be caused by the refraction of light through crystals of ice in the atmosphere. Connected with halos there are often white bands, crosses, or arches, resulting from the same atmospheric conditions.
- An ideal glory investing, or affecting one's perception of, an object.
- To form, or surround with, a halo; to encircle with, or as with, a halo.
patina, glare, glitter, closed chain, resplendence, doughnut, climate, corona, flash, burnt offering, sparkle, light, karma, god, radiance, pack, aureole, mandala, skirt, atmosphere, incense, vibration, ringing, gleam, flicker, air, glorification, smell, glory, nimbus, aurora, hoop, gloriole, rain cloud, band, tintinnabulation, gang, frankincense, aroma, idol, ambience, anchor ring, dazzle, aura, crown of light, mood, note, flavor, twinkle, annulus, joss stick, iconography, odor, mob, sinker, resplendency, donut, ring, anulus, temper, nimbus cloud.
- "The Wrong Twin", Harry Leon Wilson.
- "Heart Utterances at Various Periods of a Chequered Life.", Eliza Paul Kirkbride Gurney.
Apparently she was the bearer of this epistle, which would give her a standing at once in the Roman Church, and she came among them with a halo round her from the whole- hearted commendation of the Apostle.- "Expositions of Holy Scripture: Romans Corinthians (To II Corinthians, Chap. V)", Alexander Maclaren.