Definition of halting:
crippled, hesitant, doubtful, feeble, spunky, slow, gritty, lame, broken, indecisive, irresolute, halt, shilly-shally, indecisive, gamy, uncertain, game, decide, gamey, vacillant, timid, pendulous, vacillatory, unfit, mettlesome, gimpy, spirited, tentative.
- ceasing (part of speech: verb)
- hesitating (part of speech: verb)
- stopping (part of speech: verb)
- ending (part of speech: verb)
- "Ethelyn's Mistake", Mary Jane Holmes.
- "Child of Storm", H. Rider Haggard.
- "The Intriguers", William Le Queux.