Definition of halve:
cut in two.
- halved (part of speech: adjective)
- halve (part of speech: verb)
- portion (part of speech: verb)
separate (part of speech: verb)
- dissociate (part of speech: verb)
He frankly confessed that he wanted a wife as a companion and helpmeet; that he could not hope, in consideration of his own lowly birth and slender means and uphill task, to induce a white girl to halve his loneliness.- "Tropic Days", E. J. Banfield.
The two rival pretenders to the duchies were to halve the territory, drawing lots for the first choice, all foreign troops were to be withdrawn, and a pledge was to be given that no fortress should be placed in the hands of any power.- "The Life of John of Barneveld, 1609-15, Volume I.", John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: February 7, 2009.
- "The Loudwater Mystery", Edgar Jepson.