Definition of handsome:
- Agreeable to the eye or to correct taste; having a pleasing appearance or expression; attractive; having symmetry and dignity; comely; -- expressing more than pretty, and less than beautiful; as, a handsome man or woman; a handsome garment, house, tree, horse.
- Ample; moderately large.
- Dexterous; skillful; handy; ready; convenient; - applied to things as persons.
- Evincing a becoming generosity or nobleness of character; liberal; generous.
- Suitable or fit in action; marked with propriety and ease; graceful; becoming; appropriate; as, a handsome style, etc.
ugly, loose, tidy, bad, grownup, broad, fine, good, boastful, swelled, unsparing, chiseled, dapper, courtly, braggy, big bucks, megabucks, big money, vainglorious, carpeted, magnanimous, biggish, substantial, homely, drop-dead, muscular, tall, goodly, eye-catching, pile, significant, bragging, cock-a-hoop, beauteous, full, mint, full-grown, dignified, hefty, classy, well-favored, fetching, appealing, expectant, give, voluminous, heavy, better-looking, respectable, pulchritudinous, good-looking, taking, unstinting, gravid, captivating, huge, fully grown, large-minded, impressive, lavish, healthy, burned-out, convincing, big, carbuncle, delightful, imposing, bounteous, smooth, knockout, manly, bountiful, generous, freehanded, wealth, great, ample, colonial, self-aggrandizing, extensive, enceinte, hot, nice-looking, aristocratic, grand, athletic, cute, husky, sizable, with child, bewitching, craggy, largish, free, cavernous, immense, devastating, appointed, outsize, large, fortune, adult, competitive, grown, crowing, adorable, plentiful, oversize, substantive, braggart, windfall, ravishing, beguiling, payout, king-size, strong, wide, giving, major, comfortable, brownstone, well-favoured, enormous, liberal, furrowed, tasteful, self-aggrandising, hotly, bulky, spruce, lovesome, hatchet-faced, bighearted, baby-faced, baronial, majestic, munificent, prominent, high, virile, tolerant, beautiful, aesthetic, stately, sharp, openhanded, beachfront, vast, friendly, seemly, hardball, boxcar, likely, freehand, fine-looking, considerable, full-face, sexy, fresh-faced, hulking, decisive, personable.
beautiful (part of speech: adjective)
- noble (part of speech: adjective)