Definition of handy:
alongside, reachable, ready to hand, attached, w. c. handy, worthwhile, operative, practised, used, valuable, William Christopher Handy, gainful, near, ability, united, skilful, good, nearby, profitable, happy, fit, aid, beside, transliterate, have a use, close, next to, trained, experienced, adroit, accessible, be of service, slick, high-powered, gifted, ingenious, next door, help, convenient.
- facile (part of speech: adjective)
- skillful (part of speech: adjective)
utilizable (part of speech: adjective)
- at hand,
- near (part of speech: adjective)
I led her quite a pretty dance, till I thought her breath would be getting short, and then I turned in here, partly because it was handy, partly because- well, I have been in the habit of passing through here, when the kid was asleep.- "Peggy", Laura E. Richards.
- "The Desire of the Moth; and The Come On", Eugene Manlove Rhodes.
- "Hopalong Cassidy", Clarence E. Mulford.