Definition of harlequin:
- A buffoon, dressed in party- colored clothes, who plays tricks, often without speaking, to divert the bystanders or an audience; a merry- andrew; originally, a droll rogue of Italian comedy.
- To play the droll; to make sport by playing ludicrous tricks.
- Toremove or conjure away, as by a harlequin's trick.
- "The Adventures of Pinocchio", C. Collodi--Pseudonym of Carlo Lorenzini.
- "Mrs. Falchion, Complete", Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 12, 2009.
- "Letters of John Keats to His Family and Friends", John Keats.