Definition of haughty:
exultant, sniffy, positive, egotistic, overbearing, authoritative, domineering, irresponsible, controlling, attitude, disdainful, autocratic, compulsory, contemptuous, supercilious, snide, triumphant, despotic, insulting, jubilant, rejoicing, lofty, compulsive, triumphal, tyrannical, exulting, proud, unequivocal, prideful, dogmatic, absolute, coercive, study at proud, sneering, swaggering, unconditional, lordly, imperious, insolent, dictatorial, commanding, august, imperative, peremptory, scornful, swashbuckling, supreme, superior, authoritarian, exacting, overweening, arbitrary.
- boastful (part of speech: adjective)
- vain (part of speech: adjective)
- proud (part of speech: adjective)
- "Barriers Burned Away", E. P. Roe.
- "La Vendée An Historical Romance", Anthony Trollope.
- "A Dash from Diamond City", George Manville Fenn.