Definition of haunt:
- A place to which one frequently resorts; as, drinking saloons are the haunts of tipplers; a den is the haunt of wild beasts.
- Practice; skill.
- The habit of resorting to a place.
- To frequent; to resort to frequently; to visit pertinaciously or intrusively; to intrude upon.
- To inhabit or frequent as a specter; to visit as a ghost or apparition.
- To persist in staying or visiting.
- To practice; to devote one's self to.
hangout, retreat, torment, place, fixing, headquarters, reparation, swing by, lair, familiar spirit, shade, count against, purlieu, hold back, holiday resort, refuge, trouble, dust trap, cattle auction, apparition, disaster area, sprite, vision, ghost, frequent, burden, phantom, weigh on, let down, dumping ground, stamping ground, look in, see, buy at, rendezvous, materialization, depress, fixture, obsess, stab, resort, patronize, shadow, sponsor, dryad, embarrass, shop at, poltergeist, guardian angel, cradle, visit, den, drop by, aerie, hang out, phantasm, plague, devil, shop, resort hotel, call on, recourse, upset, wound, Dodge City, worry, distress, inhibit, hang over, mend, devastate, disadvantage, fix, spirit, specter, patronise, visitant, stalk, daemon, ghostwrite, dismay, come over, go around, center of excellence, stomping ground, doppelganger, bogey, bar, being, repetition, hang around, pay someone/something a visit/call, anchorage, wraith, bring up against, genie, call, hant, destination, mending, throttle, ghostly, repair.
- "Madeline Payne, the Detective's Daughter", Lawrence L. Lynch.
- "The Lightning Conductor Discovers America", C. N. (Charles Norris) Williamson and A. M. (Alice Muriel) Williamson.
- "The Gadfly", E. L. Voynich.