Definition of hazard:
- A game of chance played with dice.
- Any place into which the ball may not be safely played, such as bunkers, furze, water, sand, or other kind of bad ground.
- Anything that is hazarded or risked, as the stakes in gaming.
- Holing a ball, whether the object ball ( winning hazard) or the player's ball ( losing hazard).
- Risk; danger; peril; as, he encountered the enemy at the hazard of his reputation and life.
- The uncertain result of throwing a die; hence, a fortuitous event; chance; accident; casualty.
- To expose to the operation of chance; to put in danger of loss or injury; to venture; to risk.
- To try the chance; to encounter risk or danger.
- To venture to incur, or bring on.
impale, stake, gauge, estimate, opine, profess, suppose, bump, gage, guess, imperilment, opportunity, back, risk, certain, put on the line, find, reckon, safety, possibility, hap, affect, post, disaster, embark, feign, casualty, fortune, game, fate, venture, surprise, make believe, happenstance, prospect, jeopardise, happenchance, pretend, endanger, portion, adventure, happen, luck, uncertainty, destiny, gamble, fluke, lay on the line, punt, sham, risk of infection, imagine, probability, risk of exposure, take chances, contingency, jeopardy, infer, lot, circumstances, fortuity, chance, judge, imperil, riskiness, think, act, accident, calamity, run a risk, happening, misadventure, take a chance, incident, dissemble, peril, approximate, threaten, bet on, mishap, jeopardize, make, misfortune, encounter, fortuitousness.
- chance (part of speech: verb)
- pitfall (part of speech: noun)
- danger (part of speech: noun)
- "Grenfell: Knight-Errant of the North", Fullerton Waldo.
- "A Man's Hearth", Eleanor M. Ingram.
- "Heart and Soul", Victor Mapes (AKA Maveric Post).