Definition of headlong :
1. Hastily; without delay or respite.
2. Rash; precipitate; as, headlong folly.
3. Rashly; precipitately; without deliberation.
4. Steep; precipitous.
5. With the head foremost; as, to fall headlong.
precipitately, impulsive, hotheaded, brash, overhasty, ill-considered, foolhardy, rashly, hasty, forward, slapdash, madcap, improvident, unconsidered, precipitate, headfirst, careful, hurried, incautious, temerarious, reckless, precipitous, precipitant, harum-scarum
reckless (part of speech: adjective)
- Into the fatal snare The White Chief with yellow hair And his three hundred men Dashed headlong, sword in hand; But of that gallant band Not one returned again. - "The Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Headlong she turned and fled. - "The Keeper of the Door", Ethel M. Dell.
- As you see I hurt my foot, and poor Darrow Sahib slipped and fell headlong into the well in the little cave. - "The-Darrow-Enigma", Severy, Melvin Linwood.