Definition of healthy :
1. Being in a state of health; enjoying health; hale; sound; free from disease; as, a healthy chid; a healthy plant.
2. Conducive to health; wholesome; salubrious; salutary; as, a healthy exercise; a healthy climate.
3. Evincing health; as, a healthy pulse; a healthy complexion.
wakeless, potent, golden, hygienic, effectual, sure-fire, stout, major, normal, promising, hefty, rose-cheeked, therapeutic, reasoning, halcyon, good, honorable, large, sanguine, payout, rubicund, considerable, firm, reasoned, medicinal, well-informed, beneficial, virile, restorative, largish, strong, right, prospering, able-bodied, substantive, big money, sturdy, pile, sanative, level-headed, goodly, able, well-preserved, successful, boomy, salutiferous, restored, blooming, healthsome, thinking, burly, all right, health, sinewy, big bucks, ill, sizeable, budding, balanced, practical, fresh, sensible, up-and-coming, in condition, husky, grounded, legal, sanitary, hearty, full-blooded, substantial, brawny, spirited, tough, youthful, muscular, powerful, thriving, buxom, booming, reasonable, athletic, well, palmy, rational, sure, plump, rugged, ample, ruddy, realistic, flushed, goodish, conditioned, heavy, extensive, big, biggish, estimable, flourishing, lush, sizable, bouncing, logical, trim, well-balanced, large-scale, well-grounded, significant, tidy, sane, respectable, mature, handsome, healing, great, well-conditioned, sound, good for you, wealth, tonic, rosy, essential, rosy-cheeked, megabucks, salutary, healthful, intelligent, lusty, unimpaired, likely, growing, fortune, roaring, pragmatic, kempt, fine, windfall, profound, unhealthy, whole, feasible, bright, clear-headed, levelheaded, mint, red-blooded
healthy (part of speech: adjective)
- " It's very healthy, I suppose," remarked Dulcie, " living out at sea like this?" - "The Rainbow Book Tales of Fun & Fancy", Mabel Henriette Spielmann.
- " A healthy idea, wasn't it? - "Dr. Adriaan", Louis Couperus.
- And the anguish I speak of will be the sole healthy sign about you. - "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.