Definition of heap:
- A crowd; a throng; a multitude or great number of persons.
- A great number or large quantity of things not placed in a pile.
- A pile or mass; a collection of things laid in a body, or thrown together so as to form an elevation; as, a heap of earth or stones.
- To collect in great quantity; to amass; to lay up; to accumulate; - usually with up; as, to heap up treasures.
- To form or round into a heap, as in measuring; to fill ( a measure) more than even full.
- To throw or lay in a heap; to make a heap of; to pile; as, to heap stones; - often with up; as, to heap up earth; or with on; as, to heap on wood or coal.
full house, coach, atomic pile, motorbus, bulk, trade, kitty, multitude, bunch, muddle, bundle, great deal, business deal, jumble, collection, whole, pitcher's mound, autobus, trillion, concentration, jitney, block, aggregation, masses, plentifulness, double-decker, cumulus, lots, plenteousness, busbar, jalopy, mess, throne, hillock, bus topology, acervation, gob, abundance, kettle of fish, green goddess, potty, mint, accumulation, raft, push-down list, can, mussiness, bus, huddle, mickle, hatful, clutch, nap, survey, knoll, pyre, drift, ken, push-down storage, surge, big money, sens, mint candy, smokestack, omnibus, mountain, troop, confused mass, set, junk pile, upsurge, push-down stack, hammock, lump, shock, corporation, softwood, gathering, spile, profusion, multiplicity, power, throng, agglomeration, galvanic pile, wad, circumstances, clump, abundance, fix, wagonload, sess, wealth, freshet, barrel, scad, view, swell, the great unwashed, million, chew, toilet, sum, destiny, muckle, flock, dope, bank, big, amassment, commode, bay window, cargo, whole slew, plentitude, potentiometer, jam, visual sense, bushel, cartload, grass, bargain, locoweed, muss, slew, agglomeration, stilt, good deal, hoi polloi, bale, big, cumulus cloud, cluster, stack, skunk, hole, stool, cud, profusion, spate, oodles, hill, stock, motorcoach, rush, shock, pickle, atomic reactor, total, smoke, lot, portion, weed, potbelly, quid, store, circle, mow, potful, volume, mass, passenger vehicle, visual modality, hand, order, crapper, pile, load, band, quantity, plenty, zillion, chaw, deal, haul, barrow, world, pitcher, jillion, vision, chain reactor, draw, mess hall, luck, tumble, mob, cock, much, people, peck, agglomerate, batch, whole lot, piling, jackpot, flowerpot, big bucks, hummock, hoard, pot, messiness, load, charabanc, fold, pack, mount, drift, megabucks, gage, fate, fortune, sight, fullness, cumulation, tidy sum, deposit, pyramid, ream, push-down store, carload, plug, packet, voltaic pile, mound, plenitude, down, quite a little, tummy, caboodle, passel.
- "The Comstock Club", Charles Carroll Goodwin.
- "Fairy Tales of the Slav Peasants and Herdsmen", Alexander Chodsko.
- "Four Girls and a Compact", Annie Hamilton Donnell.