Definition of heaven:
- Any place of supreme happiness or great comfort; perfect felicity; bliss; a sublime or exalted condition; as, a heaven of delight.
- The dwelling place of the Deity; the abode of bliss; the place or state of the blessed after death.
- The expanse of space surrounding the earth; esp., that which seems to be over the earth like a great arch or dome; the firmament; the sky; the place where the sun, moon, and stars appear; - often used in the plural in this sense.
- The sovereign of heaven; God; also, the assembly of the blessed, collectively; - used variously in this sense, as in No. 2.
- To place in happiness or bliss, as if in heaven; to beatify.
atmosphere, exhilaration, cloud nine, Promised Land, Olympus, seventh heaven, heavenly, harmony, blue, deity, rapture, Cockaigne, Almighty, intoxication, firmament, empyrean, never-never land, New Jerusalem, shangri-la, Elysium, fantasyland, the next life, sky, welkin, try, celestial, god, infernal, elysian fields, euphoria, above, the Creator, elatedness, lotusland, utopia, hell, the Aurora Australis, Providence, moonbeam, divinity, enlightenment, Kingdom Come, felicity, Hades, nirvana, exert the most influence, happy, air, high, the heavens, demigod, transport, the Aurora Borealis, afterlife, elation, the firmament, swoon, the (great) beyond, Eden, underworld, the Almighty, Arcadia, being, beyond, the hereafter, divine, Camelot, the horizon, the Northern Lights, moonlight, paradise.
heaven (part of speech: noun)
- land o'goshen,
- "A Journal of Impressions in Belgium", May Sinclair.
- "The Holes and John Smith", Edward W. Ludwig.
- "How to Live a Holy Life", C. E. Orr.