Definition of heel:
- A cyma reversa; - so called by workmen.
- Anything regarded as like a human heel in shape; a protuberance; a knob.
- In a carding machine, the part of a flat nearest the cylinder.
- In a small arm, the corner of the but which is upwards in the firing position.
- Management by the heel, especially the spurred heel; as, the horse understands the heel well.
- The after end of a ship's keel.
- The hinder part of any covering for the foot, as of a shoe, sock, etc.; specif., a solid part projecting downward from the hinder part of the sole of a boot or shoe.
- The hinder part of the foot; sometimes, the whole foot; - in man or quadrupeds.
- The latter or remaining part of anything; the closing or concluding part.
- The lower end of a mast, a boom, the bowsprit, the sternpost, etc.
- The lower end of a timber in a frame, as a post or rafter. In the United States, specif., the obtuse angle of the lower end of a rafter set sloping.
- The part of a thing corresponding in position to the human heel; the lower part, or part on which a thing rests
- The part of any tool next the tang or handle; as, the heel of a scythe.
- The part of the face of the club head nearest the shaft.
- The uppermost part of the blade of a sword, next to the hilt.
- To add a heel to; as, to heel a shoe.
- To arm with a gaff, as a cock for fighting.
- To hit ( the ball) with the heel of the club.
- To lean or tip to one side, as a ship; as, the ship heels aport; the boat heeled over when the squall struck it.
- To make ( a fair catch) standing with one foot advanced, the heel on the ground and the toe up.
- To perform by the use of the heels, as in dancing, running, and the like.
appendage, bugger, base, cat litter, arch, following, blighter, cowboy boots, scumbag, crotch, counter, lace, crumb, rat, answer to, founder, coattails, dog-iron, insole, foot, collar, click, ankle, clodhoppers, kennel, rat fink, precede, reheel, wiener, cleat, vermin, go about, bounder, instep, bib, exercise, bottom, reptile, fix up, slime, cur, skunk, patch, armpit, shoestring, bootlaces, crosstrainer, cretin, rotter, clog, detent, name, call off, stinkard, hotdog, calf, Kitty litter, firedog, andiron, arm, list, hound dog, crud, spat, domestic dog, heal, dock, breast, sole, foundation, leaper, slimeball, clown, tag, sleaze, domesticate, snake, beast, care label, sod, blackguard, ground, frank, weenie, creep, do up, capsize, cad, scum, wienerwurst, handler, clubfoot, pill, cast off, Birkenstock, crust, louse, armhole, churl, darn, varmint, joker, schmuck, boot, buttonhole, boor, lift, hock, scuzzball, toad, hound, end, hydroplane, cleats, heave to, chuff, fix, big toe, computer-aided design, behind, buzzard, deck shoe, desert boot, dog, hot dog, stinker, so-and-so, sleazebag, bodice, spur, overhaul, lout, litter, shoelace, breast pocket, frankfurter, sleazeball, pawl, trail, frump, maintain, ball, in back of, mend, dirtbag, bleeder, brogues, number, fink, lean, come about.
- bad person (part of speech: noun)
- villain (part of speech: noun)
- "The White Gauntlet", Mayne Reid.
- "The Waif of the "Cynthia"", André Laurie and Jules Verne.
- "The Emigrant Trail", Geraldine Bonner.