Definition of height:
- Degree of latitude either north or south.
- Elevation in excellence of any kind, as in power, learning, arts; also, an advanced degree of social rank; preeminence or distinction in society; prominence.
- Progress toward eminence; grade; degree.
- That which is elevated; an eminence; a hill or mountain; as, Alpine heights.
- The condition of being high; elevated position.
- The distance to which anything rises above its foot, above that on which in stands, above the earth, or above the level of the sea; altitude; the measure upward from a surface, as the floor or the ground, of animal, especially of a man; stature.
- Utmost degree in extent; extreme limit of energy or condition; as, the height of a fever, of passion, of madness, of folly; the height of a tempest.
raising, slope, bill, efflorescence, culmination, depth, prominence, acme, climax, blossom, superlative degree, whirligig, summit, fastigium, heyday, extremum, vertex, tip, point, cap, top side, vizor, crisis, prime, top, hill, top of the inning, climax, superlative, spinning top, visor, round top, flush, circus tent, aggrandisement, zenith, end, peak, natural elevation, big top, eyeshade, upside, apex, high, flower, pinnacle, cover, crown, summit meeting, stature, altitude, meridian, upper side, maximum, apogee, aggrandizement, pitch, payoff, mountain, roof, lift, highness, tiptop, teetotum, line of longitude, rise, elevation, bloom, crest.
- "The Adventures of a Country Boy at a Country Fair", James Otis.
- "Kincaid's Battery", George W. Cable.
- "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.