Definition of Heightened:
- elevated (part of speech: verb)
- increased (part of speech: verb)
- intensified (part of speech: verb)
- heightened (part of speech: verb)
- "A Mere Accident", George Moore.
- "Checkmate", Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.
It is no trifling good to provide means of innocent and intellectual enjoyment for so many thousands in a state like ours; an enjoyment, heightened, as in every instance it is within some little circle, by personal considerations, raising it to a degree which may deserve to be called happiness.- "Colloquies on Society", Robert Southey.