Definition of heir :
1. One who inherits, or is entitled to succeed to the possession of, any property after the death of its owner; one on whom the law bestows the title or property of another at the death of the latter.
2. One who receives any endowment from an ancestor or relation; as, the heir of one's reputation or virtues.
3. To inherit; to succeed to.
crown prince, beneficiary, heir general, heir at law, heir apparent, heritor, devi, replacement, coheir, descendent, legal heir, grantee, future possessor, inheritor, one who inherits, heir expectant, heir presumptive, successor
possessor (part of speech: noun)
- Should he feel inclined to make me a present of them, I will give him half my kingdom and will make him my heir. - "Fairy Tales of the Slav Peasants and Herdsmen", Alexander Chodsko.
- You are now the dauphin, and some time will be King of France, for you are the heir of your brother. - "Marie Antoinette And Her Son", Louise Muhlbach Official.
- The Duke had two sons, Karl the elder, his heir, and Gustav. - "By Wit of Woman", Arthur W. Marchmont.