Definition of heir:
- One who inherits, or is entitled to succeed to the possession of, any property after the death of its owner; one on whom the law bestows the title or property of another at the death of the latter.
- One who receives any endowment from an ancestor or relation; as, the heir of one's reputation or virtues.
- To inherit; to succeed to.
crown prince, beneficiary, heir general, heir at law, heir apparent, heritor, devi, replacement, coheir, descendent, legal heir, grantee, future possessor, inheritor, one who inherits, heir expectant, heir presumptive, successor.
- "Fairy Tales of the Slav Peasants and Herdsmen", Alexander Chodsko.
- "Marie Antoinette And Her Son", Louise Muhlbach Official.
- "By Wit of Woman", Arthur W. Marchmont.