Definition of helmet:
- A defensive covering for the head. See Casque, Headpiece, Morion, Sallet, and Illust. of Beaver.
- A helmet- shaped hat, made of cork, felt, metal, or other suitable material, worn as part of the uniform of soldiers, firemen, etc., also worn in hot countries as a protection from the heat of the sun.
- A naked shield or protuberance on the top or fore part of the head of a bird.
- That which resembles a helmet in form, position, etc.
- The hood- formed upper sepal or petal of some flowers, as of the monkshood or the snapdragon.
- The representation of a helmet over shields or coats of arms, denoting gradations of rank by modifications of form.
- The upper part of a retort.
hat, fencing, burgonet, bandanna, chamber pot, morion, beaume, mask, steel derby, sun, sallet, baseball cap, headpiece, boater, jerry, motorcycle, battle bowler, batting, football, trench, balaclava, Greek, stephane, biretta, pith, bonnet, bathing cap, beanie, bearskin, casque, protective headgear, beret, tin hat, Roman, basinet, bicycle, hard hat, armet.
- "Parrot & Co.", Harold MacGrath.
- "Boy Scouts in a Submarine", G. Harvey Ralphson.
- "The Finding of Haldgren", Charles Willard Diffin.