Definition of hemp:
- A plant of the genus Cannabis ( C. sativa), the fibrous skin or bark of which is used for making cloth and cordage. The name is also applied to various other plants yielding fiber.
- The fiber of the skin or rind of the plant, prepared for spinning. The name has also been extended to various fibers resembling the true hemp.
- drug (part of speech: noun)
- filament (part of speech: noun)
- fiber (part of speech: noun)
- "The Desired Woman", Will N. Harben.
- "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright", Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke.
- "The Spinners", Eden Phillpotts.