Definition of heroic :
1. Larger than life size, but smaller than colossal; - said of the representation of a human figure.
2. Of or pertaining to, or like, a hero; of the nature of heroes; distinguished by the existence of heroes; as, the heroic age; an heroic people; heroic valor.
3. Worthy of a hero; bold; daring; brave; illustrious; as, heroic action; heroic enterprises.
giant, mighty, massy, doughty, mastodonic, fortitudinous, Bunyanesque, daring, marvellous, heroic meter, venturesome, larger-than-life, elephantine, noble-minded, despairing, rarified, large, idealistic, mammoth, gutty, opulent, lofty, heroical, luxurious, Brobdingnagian, colossal, monumental, behemoth, gargantuan, gigantic, stupendous, gigantesque, do-or-die, prodigious, epical, titanic, wondrous, chivalric, walloping, big, expansive, game, wonderful, jumbo, immense, pythonic, sumptuous, monstrous, heroic verse, elevated, exalted, monster, undismayed, high-flown, tremendous, mettlesome, desperate, mountainous, rattling, deluxe, howling, fantastic, vast, terrific, massive, talkative, whopping, marvelous, stout, impressive, rarefied, gilded, enormous, Cyclopean, sublime, adventurous, Herculean, fear, dire, gutsy, huge
courageous (part of speech: adjective)
brave (part of speech: adjective)
noble (part of speech: adjective)
great, patrician, lordly, imposing, aristocratic, magisterial, knightly, imperial, dignified, courtly, royal, queen-like, majestic, stately, baronial, distinguished, kingly, grand, princely, sovereign, regal, celebrated, august, ladylike
poetic (part of speech: adjective)
virtuous (part of speech: adjective)
good, respectable, upstanding, uncorrupted, virtuous, faultless, decent, noble, unsullied, angelical, valorous, high-minded, pure, guiltless, clean, righteous, estimable, unspotted, moral, ethical, honorable, worthy, creditable, blameless, taintless
- She has her ideas, and I'm afraid they're rather heroic. - "April Hopes", William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009.
- But the most heroic thing in Milton's heroic poem is Milton. - "Brief History of English and American Literature", Henry A. Beers.
- It was heroic of her to go to bed without a murmur before he left to- night. - "Indian Summer", William D. Howells.