Definition of herself :
1. An emphasized form of the third person feminine pronoun; - used as a subject with she; as, she herself will bear the blame; also used alone in the predicate, either in the nominative or objective case; as, it is herself; she blames herself.
2. Her own proper, true, or real character; hence, her right, or sane, mind; as, the woman was deranged, but she is now herself again; she has come to herself.
- She could not think for herself. - "A Son of the Hills", Harriet T. Comstock.
- She said she had it once herself, but she knew now that there was something she would like better." - "Amarilly of Clothes-line Alley", Belle K. Maniates.
- " But he does not believe it," said Kate to herself. - "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.