Definition of heterogeneous:
inhomogeneous, disparate, composite, multiplex, variegated, amalgamate, mingled, mosaic, heterogenous, variant, polymorphic, mixy, intricate, nonhomogeneous, abstruse, multiform, job-lot, complicated, mixed, unallied, manifold, mongrel, graded, sundry, confused, integrated, balanced, independent, inharmonious, tangled, nonuniform, miscellaneous, polymorphous, diversified, complex, complementary, unrelated, divers, eclectic, diversified, variegated, compound, incompatible, obscure, assorted, conglomerate, entangled, same, combined, cohesive, jumbled, involved, odd, motley.
- different (part of speech: adjective)
- nonuniform (part of speech: adjective)
- dissimilar (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Lion's Share", E. Arnold Bennett.
- "Essays: Scientific, Political, & Speculative, Vol. I", Herbert Spencer.
- "The Further Adventures of Jimmie Dale", Frank L. Packard.