Definition of hideous:
horrendous, ugly, horrid, detestable, fearsome, offensive, exorbitant, unconscionable, frightening, horrific, beautiful, steep, grim, grisly, dread, outrageous, obscene, repulsive, direful, macabre, lurid, ill-favored, hateful, usurious, extortionate, dreaded, fearful, gruesome.
- awful (part of speech: adjective)
- ugly (part of speech: adjective)
- evil (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Crooked House", Brandon Fleming.
- "The Adventure of Living", John St. Loe Strachey.
- "The White Shield", Bertram Mitford.