Definition of hill:
- A natural elevation of land, or a mass of earth rising above the common level of the surrounding land; an eminence less than a mountain.
- A single cluster or group of plants growing close together, and having the earth heaped up about them; as, a hill of corn or potatoes.
- The earth raised about the roots of a plant or cluster of plants. [ U. S.] See Hill, v. t.
- To surround with earth; to heap or draw earth around or upon; as, to hill corn.
upland, tumble, rise, gradient, prominence, hillock, hammock, downgrade, ridge, acclivity, slant, hilltop, downs, stack, cumulus, mass, descent, high, declivity, vantage point, pitch, Alfred Hawthorne, height, incline, ascent, knap, cliff, slope, congress, climb, j. j. hill, down, pitcher, kop, Benny Hill, eminence, spine, eminence, mess, drift, assembly, hillside, Acropolis, rising ground, elevation, grade, barrow, butte, helicline, talus, cumulation, foothill, monadnock, promontory, steep, highlands, city hall, bluff, swell, highland, mesa, protuberance, foothills, knoll, James Jerome Hill, Capitol Hill, upgrade, esker, rise, summit, pitcher's mound, tumulus, cabinet, hold, bureaucracy, inclination, city council, pile, mound, chine, fell, lump, dune, bank, hummock, tor, caucus, heap, order, shock, agglomerate, agglomeration, apparatus, precipice, headland.
- "A Boy's Voyage Round the World", The Son of Samuel Smiles.
- "The Green Carnation", Robert Smythe Hichens.
- "Benita, An African Romance", H. Rider Haggard.