Definition of hip:
- Alt. of Hipps
- In a bridge truss, the place where an inclined end post meets the top chord.
- The external angle formed by the meeting of two sloping sides or skirts of a roof, which have their wall plates running in different directions.
- The fruit of a rosebush, especially of the English dog- rose ( Rosa canina).
- The projecting region of the lateral parts of one side of the pelvis and the hip joint; the haunch; the huckle.
- To dislocate or sprain the hip of, to fracture or injure the hip bone of ( a quadruped) in such a manner as to produce a permanent depression of that side.
- To make with a hip or hips, as a roof.
- To throw ( one's adversary) over one's hip in wrestling ( technically called cross buttock).
- Used to excite attention or as a signal; as, hip, hip, hurra!
hep, ahead of your/its etc. time, hip joint, pelvic girdle, cognizant, knowledge, pelvic arch, girth, belly button, contemporary, breastbone, modernistic, coxa, front, abdomen, ankle, space-age, bone, advanced, cheekbone, bone marrow, ball-and-socket joint, back, sentient, flank, on to, state-of-the-art, alive, futuristic, awake, belly, renal pelvis, rose hip, up-to-the-minute, wise, collarbone, backbone, coccyx, hip to, Articulatio Coxae, rosehip, informed, pelvis, coccyx, clavicle, aware, heart, body, chest, sensible.
- aware (part of speech: adjective)
- fruits (part of speech: noun)
- "Treasure Island", Robert Louis Stevenson.
- "Barren Honour: A Novel", George A. Lawrence.
- "Polly of the Hospital Staff", Emma C. Dowd.