Definition of hobble:
- An unequal gait; a limp; a halt; as, he has a hobble in his gait.
- Difficulty; perplexity; embarrassment.
- Same as Hopple.
- To fetter by tying the legs; to hopple; to clog.
- To move roughly or irregularly; - said of style in writing.
- To perplex; to embarrass.
- To walk lame, bearing chiefly on one leg; to walk with a hitch or hop, or with crutches.
interference, encumbrance, term of enlistment, move, fetter, hang-up, iron, rub, duty tour, arrest, buck, tie, snag, limp, preventative, hitchhike, stay, stop, gyve, check, halt, thumb, shackle, hopple, hinderance, manacle, leash, preventive, trammel, free, restraint, incumbrance, tour, chain, hindrance, hitch, bond, enlistment, hog-tie, clog, tour of duty, stoppage, catch, restrain, help, jerk, handcuff, gimp, dodder.
- disable (part of speech: verb)
- stumble (part of speech: verb)
- "Calvary Alley", Alice Hegan Rice.
- "African Camp Fires", Stewart Edward White.
- "The Eagle's Heart", Hamlin Garland.