Definition of holder :
1. One who holds land, etc., under another; a tenant.
2. One who is employed in the hold of a vessel.
3. One who, or that which, holds.
4. The payee of a bill of exchange or a promissory note, or the one who owns or holds it.
container (part of speech: noun)
suitcase, container, bladder, purse, locker, pocket, drum, bottle, bucket, tray, jar, shelf, crate, bowl, stomach, vault, box, trunk, wallet, repository, cup, receptacle, bin, tank, can, cabinet, chest, storage, flask, belly, jug, reservoir, sack, pouch, pot, cupboard, drawer, decanter, bag, closet, barrel, case, ladle, vat, basket, cask
possessor (part of speech: noun)
- I was the holder of a big block of Consolidated Gas for just three days, solely through the blunder of an agent. - "The Lash", Olin L. Lyman.
- Perhaps he was thinking of the pen- holder, or perhaps of the history of the two nations represented in that room. - "The Vultures", Henry Seton Merriman.
- A little gets on the market occasionally, when some estate is being settled or some holder becomes financially embarrassed, but that is about your only chance. - "The Best Policy", Elliott Flower.