Definition of home:
- A place of refuge and rest; an asylum; as, a home for outcasts; a home for the blind; hence, esp., the grave; the final rest; also, the native and eternal dwelling place of the soul.
- Close; closely.
- Close; personal; pointed; as, a home thrust.
- In various games, the ultimate point aimed at in a progress; goal
- Of or pertaining to one's dwelling or country; domestic; not foreign; as home manufactures; home comforts.
- One's native land; the place or country in which one dwells; the place where one's ancestors dwell or dwelt.
- One's own dwelling place; the house in which one lives; esp., the house in which one lives with his family; the habitual abode of one's family; also, one's birthplace.
- See Homelyn.
- The abiding place of the affections, especially of the domestic affections.
- The home base; he started for home.
- The locality where a thing is usually found, or was first found, or where it is naturally abundant; habitat; seat; as, the home of the pine.
- The place of a player in front of an opponent's goal; also, the player.
- The plate at which the batter stands.
- To one's home or country; as in the phrases, go home, come home, carry home.
- To the place where it belongs; to the end of a course; to the full length; as, to drive a nail home; to ram a cartridge home.
post, asylum, house, charge, planetary house, al-Qaeda, come from, rest home, clanswoman, class, home office, homely, headquarters, familiar, occupant, roof, adobe, interior, collection plate, main office, sod, station, family unit, at bat, floor, source, ball boy, al-Qaida, comfortable, ingleside, radical, shell, billet, baseline, compatriot, topographic point, spot, stead, mob, citizenship, scale, foundation, originate, kin, clansman, bowl, root word, bleachers, central office, birthright, homey, haunt, pad, seat, sept, plate, nursing home, AstroTurf, home base, substructure, home plate, hearthstone, protection, abode, crustal plate, a roof over your head, hospice, position, crime syndicate, chalet, domestic, motherland, base, dependent, aboriginal, dental plate, al-Qa'ida, menage, shelter, situation, kinfolk, piazza, blind certificate, domicil, kinsfolk, territory, inhabitancy, environment, folk, citizen, ball, crease, fireside, bookmark, fundament, theme, boarding house, theatre, internal, denture, dwelling, star sign, household, town, occupier, bunkhouse, address, builder, plateful, court, base of operations, sign, bag, root, phratry, category, property, stem, balk, range, basis, business firm, berth, photographic plate, groundwork, sign of the zodiac, plaza, homeward, family line, the elder, blogosphere, stamping ground, alley, origin, family, derive, office, domicile, pedestal, the body politic, habitat, shoes, hearth, stand, cradle, the home front, anonymous FTP, fatherland, Boolean, elder, national, theater, ABEND, radix, alkali, countrywoman, community, fellowship, clay, extended family, the box, dwelling house, hospital, blood, back, spring from, nucleotide, blank space, cornerstone, habitation, batboy, blood relation, inhabitation, niche, ballpark, diggings, apartment building, firm, place, lieu, homeland, eldest, dig, black sheep, Bluetooth, mother country, ball girl, baseball, access number, apartment, derivation, the bench, foot, countryman, citizenry, kinsperson, understructure, syndicate, infrastructure, account name, space, legal residence.