Definition of honest :
1. Characterized by integrity or fairness and straight/ forwardness in conduct, thought, speech, etc.; upright; just; equitable; trustworthy; truthful; sincere; free from fraud, guile, or duplicity; not false; -- said of persons and acts, and of things to which a moral quality is imputed; as, an honest judge or merchant; an honest statement; an honest bargain; an honest business; an honest book; an honest confession.
2. Chaste; faithful; virtuous.
3. Decent; honorable; suitable; becoming.
4. Open; frank; as, an honest countenance.
5. To adorn; to grace; to honor; to make becoming, appropriate, or honorable.
middling, straight-out, hearty, clean, practiced, unspoilt, bonny, comely, show, dependable, unfeigned, sound, honourable, reliable, transparent, mediocre, unspoiled, man-to-man, safe, beneficial, incorruptible, sightly, reasonable, heartfelt, straight-from-the-shoulder, aboveboard, fairish, salutary, well, equitable, skilful, full, upright, near, bonnie, serious, expert, guileless, average, straight, adept, unbiased, plainspoken, unreserved, skillful, in effect, innocent, effective, unmannered, undecomposed, straight-shooting, square, just, impartial, ripe, proficient, dear, see, unprejudiced, secure, in force
true (part of speech: adjective)
respectable (part of speech: adjective)
honorable, untarnished, creditable, moral, law-abiding, saintly, good, estimable, righteous, angelical, respectable, noble, pure, blameless, worthy, upstanding, right-minded, virtuous, principled, forthright, fair, unimpeachable, irreproachable
truthful (part of speech: adjective)
veracious (part of speech: adjective)
real (part of speech: adjective)
succinct (part of speech: adjective)
artless (part of speech: adjective)
natural, unartful, plain-spoken, artless, frank, trusting, candid, overt, naive, straightforward, uncalculating, outgoing, undeceiving, unbeguiling, broad, un-artificial, open, unaffected, blunt, unrestrained, undisguised, undeceitful, unsophisticated, plain, direct, callow, downright, undeceptive
- " Larry is bad, but he's honest. - "The U.P. Trail", Zane Grey.
- " I hope you don't feel hurt with me; I've only been honest, and I meant to be kind," said Frank Sunderline. - "The Other Girls", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.
- Why shouldn't somebody begin again, honest? - "The Other Girls", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.