Definition of honorable :
1. An epithet of respect or distinction; as, the honorable Senate; the honorable gentleman.
2. Conferring honor, or produced by noble deeds.
3. High- minded; actuated by principles of honor, or a scrupulous regard to probity, rectitude, or reputation.
4. Of reputable association or use; respectable.
5. Performed or accompanied with marks of honor, or with testimonies of esteem; an honorable burial.
6. Proceeding from an upright and laudable cause, or directed to a just and proper end; not base; irreproachable; fair; as, an honorable motive.
7. Worthy of honor; fit to be esteemed or regarded; estimable; illustrious.
8. Worthy of respect; regarded with esteem; to be commended; consistent with honor or rectitude.
proficient, praiseworthy, value, expert, ripe, downright, effective, faithful, meritorious, straight, incorruptible, trusty, hefty, time-honoured, undecomposed, practiced, august, exemplary, serious, dear, commendable, skillful, salutary, respect, praise, adept, goodly, sizable, open, revered, sound, healthy, laureate, reliable, dependable, skilful, goodish, time-honored, computable, admirable, beneficial, unspoiled, laudable, well, tidy, in effect, ingenuous, genuine, straight-shooting, unspoilt, deserving, venerable, near, honourable, secure, safe, full, solid, upright, sizeable, in force
pure (part of speech: adjective)
basic, irreducible, blameless, angelic, primal, pure, aboriginal, immaculate, faultless, primary, undiluted, purebred, basal, guiltless, elemental, unadulterated, spotless, uncluttered, innocent, unsullied, undefiled, unblemished, elementary, sinless, fundamental, simon-pure, stainless, monolithic, prime, nascent, essential, austere, clear, stark, unadorned, white, unalloyed, virtuous, chaste, bare, decent, clean, atomic, untarnished, untainted, plain, indivisible, formative, foundational, simple
titular (part of speech: adjective)
respectable (part of speech: adjective)
honest, principled, right-minded, estimable, moral, worthy, saintly, fair, creditable, respectable, upstanding, forthright, irreproachable, angelical, good, true, righteous, unimpeachable, noble, law-abiding
respectful (part of speech: adjective)
truthful (part of speech: adjective)
just (part of speech: adjective)
proud (part of speech: adjective)
virtuous (part of speech: adjective)
- Is it a challenge without room for honorable retreat?" - "Alice of Old Vincennes", Maurice Thompson.
- And I'll tell you now, children, once for all, that I'm going to trust you to go on the lake whenever you choose; with the understanding that you're to be sensible and honorable about it. - "The Dorrance Domain", Carolyn Wells.
- MacLean and Truelove, leaving their future of honorable toil, peace of mind, and enduring affection, came back to the present. - "Audrey", Mary Johnston.