Definition of honored:
- respected (part of speech: verb)
- rewarded (part of speech: verb)
- prided (part of speech: verb)
- celebrated (part of speech: verb)
- "The Mistress of Bonaventure", Harold Bindloss.
Don't do me the horrible injustice to believe that I wouldn't be proud to show you to my subjects as their Empress; but instead, I can offer only what men of Royal blood for hundreds of years have offered to women whom they honored as well as loved.- "The Princess Virginia", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.
He felt gratified, honored, even, he said, by Mr. Fulkerson's appeal to him; and probably it gave him something of the high joy that an affair of honor would have brought him in the days when he had arranged for meetings between gentlemen.- "A Hazard of New Fortunes", William Dean Howells.