Definition of hopefully:
Synonyms for hopefully:
in the fond hope that, uplifted, let's hope, I trust (that), no news is good news, idealistic, forward-looking, romantic, ideally, boldly, may, optimistic, surely, naively, confidently, visionary, hopeful, I'd like to think (that), positively, hopelessly, positive, with any luck, doubtfully, bullish, I hope not.
- longingly (part of speech: adverb)
- hopefully (part of speech: adverb)
probably (part of speech: adverb)
- "Mildred's New Daughter", Martha Finley.
- "The Freedmen's Book", Lydia Maria Child.
- "Gold Out of Celebes", Aylward Edward Dingle.