Definition of hopper:
- A chute, box, or receptacle, usually funnel- shaped with an opening at the lower part, for delivering or feeding any material, as to a machine; as, the wooden box with its trough through which grain passes into a mill by joining or shaking, or a funnel through which fuel passes into a furnace, or coal, etc., into a car.
- A game. See Hopscotch.
- A vessel for carrying waste, garbage, etc., out to sea, so constructed as to discharge its load by a mechanical contrivance; - called also dumping scow.
- One who, or that which, hops.
- See Grasshopper, 2.
- See Grasshopper, and Frog hopper, Grape hopper, Leaf hopper, Tree hopper, under Frog, Grape, Leaf, and Tree.
- The larva of a cheese fly.
grasshopper, grounder, hop-picker, ground ball, groundball.
- "The Crisis, Volume 6", Winston Churchill.
- "A Reversible Santa Claus", Meredith Nicholson.
- "The Dollar Hen", Milo M. Hastings.