Definition of hub :
1. A block for scotching a wheel.
2. A goal or mark at which quoits, etc., are cast.
3. A hardened, engraved steel punch for impressing a device upon a die, used in coining, etc.
4. A rough protuberance or projecting obstruction; as, a hub in the road. [ U. S.] See Hubby.
5. A screw hob. See Hob, 3.
6. The central part, usually cylindrical, of a wheel; the nave. See Illust. of Axle box.
7. The hilt of a weapon.
focus (part of speech: noun)
focus, marrow, intersection, asymptote, epitome, lodestar, core, gathering, essence, kernel, nucleus, funnel, polestar, meat, bottleneck, lure, forum, magnet, axle, soul, rendezvous, plenum, spirit, heart, crossing, center, crux, rally
middle (part of speech: noun)
- Ten minutes later Jacqueline felt the coach lurch heavily and sink to the hub on one side. - "The Missourian", Eugene P. (Eugene Percy) Lyle.
- That was the hub around which the rest of the world revolved, so far as Terry was concerned. - "Black Jack", Max Brand.
- Why thats to thee if Hub. - "Dramatic Technique", George Pierce Baker.