Definition of hug:
shove, pucker, pinch, felicitate, wring, embrace, make toward, comprehend, liquidity crisis, embosom, hold tight, bear hug, compact, hang, clutch, bear down, grasp, come up, keep hold of something, demonstration of affection, power play, clench, tight grip, crush, encompass, gouge, constrict, clasp, mash, force, ruffle, hang on, tweet, grip, squeeze, squelch, grab, bosom, extort, bunny hug, breathe, press, fit, carry, credit crunch, clip, cradle, stuff, advance, make for, gain on, rack, clinch, creep up on, pat, cover, fall down, squeezing, sweep up, contract, hale, bunch, strain, squash, go over, near, clamp, adopt, compress, hold, pressure, twinge, ride up, squeeze play, enclasp, flow, coerce, bag, compliment, wedge, enfold, thrust, twitch, espouse, hold on.
- caress (part of speech: noun)
- greet (part of speech: verb)
- endear (part of speech: verb)
- "The Quality of Mercy", W. D. Howells.
- "Fairy Prince and Other Stories", Eleanor Hallowell Abbott.
- "Left Tackle Thayer", Ralph Henry Barbour.