Definition of humane:
refined, friendly, kind, clement, open-minded, pitying, humanitarian, righteous, advanced, good-natured, tender, educated, tender-hearted, empathic, helpful, compassionate, softhearted, humanist, indulgent, painless, gracious, gentle, genial, sympathetic, democratic, forgiving, caring, benign, soft, empathetic, barbaric, kindhearted, commiserative, understanding, human-centred, kind-hearted, merciful, amiable, good, accommodating, easy, human-centered, kindly, cruel, sensitive, warm-hearted, human, humanistic, cultured, obliging, warm, civilized, attitude, lenient, broad-minded, civilised, large-hearted, tolerant, nice, cordial, benignant, good-hearted, big-hearted, liberal, magnanimous, warmhearted, tenderhearted.
- benevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- philanthropic (part of speech: adjective)
- "Mohammed, The Prophet of Islam", H. E. E. Hayes.
- "The Woman's Bible Part I. Comments on Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Part II. Comments on the Old and New Testaments from Joshua to Revelation.", Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
- "The Good News of God", Charles Kingsley.