Definition of humanitarian:
- Benevolent; philanthropic.
- Content with right affections and actions toward man; ethical, as distinguished from religious; believing in the perfectibility of man's nature without supernatural aid.
- One who denies the divinity of Christ, and believes him to have been merely human.
- One who is actively concerned in promoting the welfare of his kind; a philanthropist.
- One who limits the sphere of duties to human relations and affections, to the exclusion or disparagement of the religious or spiritual.
- Pertaining to humanitarians, or to humanitarianism; as, a humanitarian view of Christ's nature.
- benevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- philanthropic (part of speech: adjective)
- "Orthodoxy: Its Truths And Errors", James Freeman Clarke.
- "The Teaching of History", Ernest C. Hartwell.
- "Tragedy", Ashley H. Thorndike.